Honey Sriracha Chicken
Sometimes its hard to justify a meal with no vegetables to yourself. Not tonight though.I never thought you could recreate this sticky, sweet and spicy Chicken dish so easily at home. But all it took was a little Pintrest consulting and some imagination and this was in our laps. I was one of the most comforting things i’ve ever made. The sauce was sticky and spicy and the chicken was crunchy. Turns out the secret to good fried chicken, which was revaled to me one misty night by a korean lady on youtube is double fry! If you only fry the chicken once, it starts to go soggy immediately. If you let it cool a little and then reintroduce it to its friend the frying pan, it will become crunchy just like you want, without being overcooked.I found the best thing for this recipe was to use a small mug to measure out everything.
Servings: 2 hungry people
For the chicken
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Wine vinegar
- 1 cup/100g Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic salt
For the sauce
- 1 Stock cube (chicken or veg)
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 big squeeze Sriracha or any other hot sauce
- mix together everything in a saucepan and leave it bubbling furiously while you do everything else. It will boil down and become sticky and thick, which is what you want.
- Shallow fry the chicken until golden and set aside. Don’t crowd the pan, or move the chicken about too much. Set the browned chicken aside.
- Cook 1 cup rice with 2 cups boiling water with the lid on for 12-15 minutes. Then turn off the heat and let it sit to steam.
- Fry the chicken again in the same frying pan, when its ready, put the pieces in the saucepan with the sauce to coat them.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.