I obviously love classic lasagna – I mean who doesn’t? But I also really love experimenting with different varieties and this one with spinach, feta, grated courgette and super savoury mushrooms is my current favourite to make. Obviously its not a healthy dish, but it’s healthier than traditional lasagna and its also hella delicious. Enjoy.
Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
This is the cheesiest, most satisfying vegetarian lasagna ever. Way better than a fake mince variety with tomato sauce. This is creamy, savoury and delicious.Like any lasagna, there are a few stages involved but its totally worth it!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 Onion Red or White
- 2 Courgettes
- 200 g Frozen spinach
- 1 punnet Mushrooms
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 block Feta cheese
- 70 g Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pint Milk
- 20 g Butter
- 20 g Flour
- Dried lasagna sheets
- Fry the mushrooms and onions in a wide bottomed frying pan until quite brown. For the last 2 minutes add the garlic crushed or minced – set this aside
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave and grate the courgettes with a cheese grater.
- Fry the grated courgette in the same frying pan for a few minutes until they are soft
- add the courgette and defrosted spinach to a bowl and crumble in the block of feta
- Now make your white sauce – melt the butter and add the flour, frying for a couple of minutes. Slowly add the milk while whisking and cook together for 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add half the white sauce to the feta, spinach, courgette mixture – keep the other half for the top of the lasagna
- Layer up the lasagna adding oil to the bottom of your baking dish to stop it sticking – layer the feta spinach mixture then the mushrooms and onions on each layer. Finish with the rest of the white sauce and add the cheddar cheese to the top
- Put tin foil on the top and bake at 170 for 1 hour